Please review this Policy carefully to understand our practices.
This Site is not intended for children (i.e. under 18 years) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
For ease of reference, the terms below as used in the Policy have the following meaning:
Account means the account you create when registering as a user on the Site to enable you to access some of the Services.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
Personal data means information relating to you and which can identify you as an individual (whether on its own or taken with other information). It does not include aggregated or anonymized data, which is information that can no longer identify you.
Site means, together or individually as applicable, the My Shamba Soko and My Shamba Digital.
Services means such services made available, accessed, published or otherwise offered through the Site.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Website refers to My Shamba Soko, accessible from My Shamba Soko – Conveyancing Made Easier (myshambadigital.co.ke)
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Chunga Shamba Limited is the data controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy). If you have any questions about this Policy please send an email to email@example.com
We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your data when you purchase a product or service with us. Chunga Shamba Limited is the controller and responsible for this Site. We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out above.
Depending on the Services you are obtaining or accessing, we may collect, store, use and transfer the following different types of information:
- Identity information such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, nationality, date of birth or gender.
- Contact Information such as your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers, the name of your business, and/or location.
- Financial information such as bank account, payment card details, and/or monthly income.
- Verification information such as your government issued national identification or passport, KRA PIN certificate, business permits, company incorporation certificates, and/or location.
- Account information relating to the use of the Site including profile data such as your username, password, orders, interests, preferences, survey responses and/or feedback.
- Automatic information and information about your device including technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, login data, time zone setting, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and/or other technology on the devices you use to access the Site. Note that this automatic information and device information is used to screen for potential risks and fraud, to improve and optimize the Site, to ease access to the Site, and to carry out upgrades, data analysis, and improve the quality of services. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, but this will make parts of the Site inaccessible or inhibit functionality.
- Land ownership information including certificate of title and mutation forms.
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
What If I Don’t Want To Provide Any Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that a user visits, the time and date of the visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When a user accesses the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device of a user, the mobile device unique ID, the IP address of the mobile device, the mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser being used, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that the browser of a user sends whenever they visit our Service or when they access the Service by or through a mobile device.
How Data Is Collected
We collect personal information:
- That you provide to us directly for example through the Site, on the phone or through any other communication channel or method.
- We obtain from other sources.
- Using cookies, logs, web beacons, tags, pixels and other internet technologies (used to record information about how you browse the Site), for example the technical data.
Accuracy Of The Data
It is important that the personal data we hold is accurate and current to enable us to deliver the Services. As such, please keep us informed if your personal data or any other information changes in the course of your use of the Site.
You guarantee and declare that you are the owner of the information you submit on the Site or share with us, or that you have the necessary rights to do so. You also guarantee and declare that it is exact, true and verified, and the use of the information is not contrary to this Policy or applicable laws and will not damage a third party’s reputation. You accept full and complete liability for any information that is contrary to this Policy or any applicable laws.
Use Of The Collected Data
How we use your personal data depends on the Services you are accessing. We will use your personal data:
- To provide you with the Services, in particular:
- Connect you to a purchaser or vendor of land as the case may be.
- Run targeted marketing campaigns.
- To contact you about our services, events and promotions (where you have agreed to us doing so).
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To perform a task in the consideration of the greater public interest.
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where the personal data is required for statistical or research purposes.
Note: we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows users to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
Where a user decides to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, the Site may collect Personal data that is already associated with the users Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as their name, email address, activities, or contact list associated with that account.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Except as specified in this Policy, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent. Depending on the Services, we may share your personal data with:
- Internal third parties such as our partners.
- External third parties such as service providers for example, Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets to. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Policy.
Depending on the Services you are accessing, we may share certain personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Retention Of Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. Your personal data may be retained for a longer period where there has been a complaint or there is a prospect of litigation with respect to your use of the Site.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving the said marketing communications.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Every time you send us an email or visit our website, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to the news on our website, you are going to receive regular emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our website and by sending you emails. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
By visiting this website, you agree to the laws of Kenya that will govern these terms and conditions, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Chunga Shamba Limited and you, or its business partners and associates.
Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this website or to products you purchase from us shall be arbitrated by Kenyan Courts and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Comments, Reviews, and Emails
Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant Username Investment Ltd. non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify such content throughout the world in any media.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Our Legal Rights
In accordance with the applicable laws of Kenya, you may have the right to:
1. Be informed of the use to which your personal data is being put.
2. Access your personal data.
3. Object to the processing of your personal data.
4. Request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
5. Request for correction of false or misleading personal data.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data.
7. Request erasure of false or misleading personal data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
8. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
We regularly review and update this Policy in order to reflect changes to our practices, for operational, legal or regulatory reasons, and for any other purpose. Any revisions to this Policy will be uploaded to the Site and such upload will be deemed to be sufficient communication to you. Where you are a registered user, we may elect, at our own discretion, to notify you of any revision through a notice on your account.
Conditions of Use
We will provide our services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this website, use its services or make a purchase, you accept the following conditions. This is why we urge you to read them carefully.
Like most website operators, My Shamba Soko collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how My Shamba Soko visitors use its website. From time to time, Chunga Shamba Limited may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
My Shamba Soko also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on My Shamba Soko – Conveyancing Made Easier (myshambadigital.co.ke). My Shamba Soko only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to My Shamba Soko choose to interact with Chunga Shamba Limited in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that My Shamba Soko gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at My Shamba Soko – Conveyancing Made Easier (myshambadigital.co.ke) to provide a username and email address.
Content published on this website (digital downloads, images, videos, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of Username Investment Ltd. and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this website is the exclusive property of Chunga Shamba Limited.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
My Shamba Soko – Conveyancing Made Easier (myshambadigital.co.ke) uses Google AdWords for remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Chunga Shamba Limited may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Chunga Shamba Limited may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose any personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Chunga Shamba Limited uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on users personal computer or mobile device when users go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as users close their web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide users with services available through the Website and to enable users to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that users have asked for cannot be provided, and My Shamba Soko uses these Cookies to provide users with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices users make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide users with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Credit & Contact Information